May 2026. Ph.D., English, University of Iowa
May 2019. M.S.L.I.S., Drexel University
May 2013. B.A., English, Temple University
September 2016. Full Stack Developer, New York Code and Design Academy.
2022. W. R. Irwin Teaching Award.
2019. “Between Catalogues and Colophons: Reading the Printing History of the Gotham Book Mart,” Wise Men Fished Here: A Centennial Exhibition in Honor of the Gotham Book Mart, 1920-2020.
April 2022. “Divesting the Self, Embodying the Collective: A Diffusionist Reading of A Scots Quair,” Craft Critique Culture Conference: Margins, Marginalia, Marginalized, University of Iowa
February 28 – March 1, 2019. “Between Catalogues and Colophons: Reading the Printing History of the Gotham Book Mart,” Modernism – Materiality – Meaning: A Conference to Honor the Kislak Center’s Gotham Book Mart Centennial Exhibition, University of Pennsylvania.
University of Iowa
September 2021 – present. ENGL 1200: Interpretation of Literature, “Shifting Realities”
TEACHING AS AN ASSISTANT (TA)
University of Iowa
September 2020 – May 2021. ENGL 2010: Foundations of the English Major
September 2020 – December 2020. ENGL 3287: Shakespeare: Poetry, Power, and Politics on Stage
WORK AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
May 2021 – present. Curatorial Assistant, University of Iowa Special Collections, Iowa City, IA
April 2019 – July 2020. Program Associate, Rare Book School, Charlottesville, VA
January 2014 – October 2016; August 2017 – April 2019. Reading Room Coordinator, Kislak Center for Special Collections, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Gotham Book Mart Archives:
- Assisted curator in organizing 2019 show on Gotham Book Mart Archives, and created the first complete bibliography of published works from the GBM. Also oversaw a student worker who is completing pre-processing work on the GBM Archives and interfaced with a post-doc to ensure that she had access GBM Archival material.
- Produced catalog essay regarding the Gotham Book Mart’s publication history and book historical implications that was published February 2019. Also presented a lecture on the same topic for the exhibition’s opening.
Mark Adams Collection:
- Pre-cataloging listing, instructing and managing student workers on process, liaising with curator and donor to ensure that process was going smoothly.
- Listed more than four thousand items which are now housed in the Kislak Center.
Publication: “Gotham Book Mart as Publisher.” February 2019.
Presentation: Modernism – Materiality – Meaning : A Conference to Honor the Kislak Center’s Gotham Book Mart Centennial Exhibition. “Between Catalogues and Colophons: Reading the Printing History of the Gotham Book Mart” (Working title). February 28 – March 1, 2019.
Artists’ Book Collection:
• Description of the holdings of Artists’ Books at the Kislak Center for Special Collections and the Fisher Fine Arts Library. Built on a Drupal platform.
Gotham Book Mart Collection:
• Description of the holdings of archival collections regarding the Gotham Book Mart at the Kislak Center for Special Collections. Built on a Drupal platform.
September 2017 – April 2019. Job Library Assistant, Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
October 2016 – June 2017. Associate Front End Developer, David’s Bridal, Conshohocken, PA
January 2013 – May 2013. Marketing Intern, Temple University Press, Philadelphia, PA
September 2011 – December 2011. Research Intern, Writers’ Guild of Great Britain, London, UK
- Applications: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Content Management Systems: Drupal, WordPress, and Omeka
- Data Visualization Platforms: CiteSpace, VOSViewer, Tableau Public, RAWGraphics, and Google Fusion Tables.